Hans Jakob HOLINGER(786) (1791-1836)
- Birth:07 Mar 1791, Bennwil, Baselland .
- Christening: not known.
- Death: 25 Mar 1836 .
- Father: Hans Jakob HOLINGER(981)
- Mother: Elisabeth GRÖFLI(982)
- Marriage: 04 Mar 1822, St. Jakob, Basel [1,3].
- Spouse: Anna Maria SCHWEIZER(787).
- Birth: 05 Aug 1800, Reigoldswil, .
- Death: 15 Mar 1879, Withington, Manchester, .
Until very recently nobody knew that Anna died in England, and the GRO Deaths Entry was
discovered by Stephen Gillespie whilst looking for Holingers in the UK census returns who
had been born in Switzerland. So Anna must have gone to England, whether on a visit or for
good we do not know, some time after the death of Hans Jakob Holinger(786) in
- Johann Jakob HOLINGER(974) (1822-1882) .
- Johannes HOLINGER(17) (1826-1883) [2,3].
- Heinrich HOLINGER(975) (1829-1878) .
- Anna HOLINGER(976) (20 Jul 1832 - 24 Jul 1832) .
- Juliana HOLINGER(977) (03 Jul 1833 - 11 Jul 1833) .
- Anna HOLINGER(978) (06 Jul 1834 - 21 May 1868) .
Johannes HOLINGER is not listed in the Bennwil Family Book, but his name appears
both in the register of extra-parochial baptisms and in the baptismal register
of St. Leonhard, in Basel. Also, he and his two brothers are listed in a card index
at the Staatsarchiv in Basel. There is no mention of the girls on the card. The
Family Book also indicates that Anna Maria Schweizer had another daughter,
Elisabeth, who was born on 01 Oct 1838 over two years after the death of Hans Jakob.
Sources for this page.
- Familienbuch der Gemeinde Bennwil (Family Book of Bennwil Parish), print from
microfilm obtained at the Staatsarchiv Baselland, Liesthal, in June 2006.
- Bennwil, Auswärtige Taufen (Baptisms outwith Bennwil), obtained at the
Staatsarchiv Baselland, Liesthal, in June 2006.
- Card index entry at the Staatsarchiv, Basel.
- GRO Death Certificate.
© John Stowell 2006
Last updated on 29 Aug 2008.
Back to the main Holinger page |
Contact me by E-mail