AMY LACELL STEWARD(440)
Birth and death
- Birth: 22 Nov 1862 [59, GRO Births
index for the Jun quarter of 1855 (S. Stoneham, 2c, 40)] at Bitterne, Hampshire [1861 England census].
- Death: 20 Jan 1890 [59, GRO Deaths index for the
Mar quarter of 1890 (Woolwich, 1d, 834)], aged 27.
- Father: James Dick STEWARD(181) (1818-1885).
- Mother: Mary Louisa HARRIS(439) (1829-1899).
- 1871 England Census: Aged 8, staying at Hill House, 3 High Street,Bitterne. Also present were three
Also present is Charlotte Harris, 69, widowed mother-in-law of the absent head of household, so granny was
looking after the children, with the aid of two servants.
- Mary A Steward, aged 15, a scholar
- William M Steward, aged 14, a scholar
- Charlotte R. Steward, aged 3, and also listed as a scholar.
- 1881 England Census: aged 18, unmarried and of no occupation at 29 Victoria Road, Charlton, Greenwich,
the household of her father, 63, now retired. Also present are her mother, Mary L Steward, 51, and two siblings :
Also present are two general servants.
- Mary A Steward, 25, unmarried and of no occupation.
- Douglas V Steward, 6 and a scholar.
Amy Lacell did not marry.
© John Stowell 2006
Last updated on 06 Nov 2006.
Back to the main Steward page |
Contact me by E-mail